I decided to start the blog on a light note, given the week that I've had. I've recently been reading in the New York papers about a couple who lost a stuffed monkey named Bongo. Why am I talking about this? Well, it seems this couple has been treating this monkey as if it were their child. Yes, you read that correctly....their child. A son to be exact. Apparently, they take this monkey everywhere with them, including trips as he is seen as a member of the family. I wonder if they have to pay airfare. In any case, Bongo went missing after a trip to a local eatery. After realizing he was missing, the couple put up a $500 reward for his safe return. Now, think about this for a moment. A reward of $500 dollars for a stuffed monkey publicized in a New York paper. What kind of response do you think that might get? Don't get me wrong, there were many who were sympathetic to this...tragedy. However, some took the amusing route of offering ransom money for Bongo's safe return. Perhaps they were hoping to sell the stuffing to a pillow dealer. I don't know.
I usually try to reserve an open mind when it comes to judging people. In this case though, I don't know what's more disturbing. The couple, the papers for printing the story, the people such as myself who are discussing it, or the people responding in comical ways to the couple in regards to Bongo's safe return. Take your pick.
In any event, if you're searching for Bongo, he has "specific marks and features" which will alert the couple in question as to whether or not he is indeed a fake. So Bongo isn't just any old stuffed monkey. Plus, his "identical" brothers Do, Ray and Me miss him. Again not kidding those are the name of the brothers.
If anyone has any idea where Bongo might be, please don't contact me. I would suggest they look for Bongo where that peacock landed. I find it ironic they disappeared around the same time. Don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment